The Qigong Shibashi Form or “The 18 Movements of Qigong”
With these Qigong Shibashi or 18 movements you follow the movements of YIN and YANG with your body.
It is a subtle alternation of firmness and relaxation, opening and closing, up and down, out and inner.
Many practitioners work from the arms and shoulders, Ilse Vanbrabant emphasizes the hips.
She teaches you how to make these 18 movements start from the feet and hips to relieve the shoulders. By training these movements multiple times from the hips, you will also move more from your hips in your daily life, so that you are less tired at the end of the day and have more energy left.
Although it is usual to repeat each movement 6 times, Ilse Vanbrabant lets you become aware to practice from your feeling and therefore do the exercises as long as they feel good.
Certainly for people with physical, emotional and mental health problems, they will experience great added value by listening to their body in this way and thereby also breaking free from thinking.
Sometimes it is better to do an exercise once and practice the entire series than to do certain exercises for too long so that you overload the body. On the other hand, it may be that you do 1 or more exercises longer that feel good at that moment.
By breaking free from a rhythm or a pattern, you can become more and more occupied with listening to your body.
If you practice from feeling and not counting, you will connect even more and faster with your body and be able to stay out of your head.
All movements are synchronized with the cycles of inspiration and expiration (inhalation and exhalation occurring automatically), while the mind is kept in a state of proprioception.
More and more deeply you will be able to flow into resonance with the rhythms of nature and therefore also with your natural rhythm. Letting go of the rhythm that is set before us and that we think we have to follow.
These 18 exercises harmonize the internal organs and the flow of Qi in the 12 main meridians.
Practicing this sequence, can leads quickly to a state of relaxation of mind and body, similar to seated mediations.
Qigong Shibashi mobilizes and balances the flow of internal energy and thereby improves the functions of the nervous, respiratory, digestive and cardiovascular systems.
Consequently, it stabilizes the control of emotions and optimizes mental faculties. In addition, it gives flexibility to all joints of the body, the muscles cooperate during these relaxing exercises, strengthening them.
This Qigong serie is therefore ideal as training for people with fibromyalgia, arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Finally, I would like to add that these moves are very easy to learn and beneficial for maintaining physical, emotional and mental health.
The 18 Movements of Qigong…
- Open the heart and lungs; brings relief and balances the emotion of sadness.
- Move the Qi forward; regulates blood pressure and heart rhythm.
- Move the Qi left and right; harmonizes the blood pressure, increases your consciousness.
- Draw a rainbow; balances the spleen, pancreas and stomach, reduces worry.
- Spread the clouds; stimulates the kidneys, activates the heart and lungs, strengthens physical health and balances emotional health.
- Open and close the energy ball; stimulates the liver, acts on the heart and lungs, relieves anxiety and has a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
- Turn like a wheel forward; strengthens the kidneys, balances your entire body.
- Project your fist forward; works on the liver, relieves tension, bad mood and anger
- Reach out to the sun with your hand; calm the fire of the heart, bring calm and tranquility
- Turn the body to look at the moon; strengthens the kidneys and stimulates the liver, accentuating confidence, friendliness and assertiveness.
- Push the body with your hand left and right; works on the liver, relieves tension, bad mood and anger.
- Turn like cloud hands; activates spleen, pancreas and stomach, gives firmness, balance and increases empathy.
- Scoop the qi and bring it up; strengthens the kidneys and opens the heart and lungs, strengthening health and anchoring equanimity and temperance.
- Push the waves of the sea; activates the kidneys, increases safety and strengthens confidence.
- Spread your wings like a bird; strengthens the heart and lungs, reduces depression and sadness.
- Walk like a crane; improves coordination and balance.
- Fly like a crane; opens heart and lungs, reduces depression and sadness.
- Harmonize Yin and Yang energy; balance Yin and Yang energy –
this last exercises can be used between all other movements
You can start with a self-study about this beneficial form of exercise, or you can let Ilse Vanbrabant guide you during your retreat in the mountains of Andalusia, Spain
If you can’t travel to Spain, you can join the daily online group lessons in her professional zoom trainingroom.
In the Qigong mentor program she will show you how to teach these and many other movements to other people.
Qigong/Feng Shui trainingen medium€260,00 incl.btw
MasterClass 2022€220,00 incl.btw
Gecertificeerd Qigong/Feng shui mentor/trainer/healer.€2 033,00 incl.btw
Unieke en uitgebreide Qi Gong en Feng Shui methode.€3 360,00 incl.btw
Business retreat / 5-days€530,00 incl.btw
Qigong en Feng Shui trainingen VIP member€800,00 incl.btw
Qigong/Feng Shui trainingen light€168,00 incl.btw
Unieke en uitgebreide Qi Gong en Feng Shui retraite€4 350,00 incl.btw
Qigong retreat / 5-days€530,00 incl.btw
Qigong retreat / 8-days€800,00 incl.btw